Corona Virus School Closure - Parent information (updated 30.03.20)
How are you all doing? I've updated the list of online resources below, if you find any good ones please email so I can share.
I'd really value some feedback on the work I've set so far. Did you have any problems? Was it easy to understand? And I'd particularly like to see any photos of pictures or activities the children have been busy with. Please feel free to email me.
The essential websites to help you:
- school360.co.uk - click on resources. The Frogplay games will help with the English, Maths and science. J2Blast will help with times table recall. The encyclopedia is good for research (DK is best).
- Times Table Rockstars and Numbots - see if they can beat their scores.
- topmarks.co.uk - Hit the Button is particularly good on here.
General bank of ideas for home learning:
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1h3dD5rh3y7z9kG745tXFRx/five-tips-for-home-schooling - this has some advice about home learning.
- https://stories.audible.com/start-listen - free audible stories to listen to.
- https://northumberland.spydus.co.uk/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRNGEN/WPAC/DIGITALLIB - free ebooks and magazines through Northumberland library service.
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html - loads of ideas!
telusworldofscienceedmonton. ca/explore/experiences/ science-home/ - excellent science experiments to do at home.
com/ - a virtual tour of famous landmarks and art galleries. The children may like to copy the art work or use it as a basis for their own work.
- https://www.rspb.org.uk/fun-and-learning/for-kids/ - help with identification and ideas for bird fun at home.
- Thanks to Evie's mum for this tip: you can get 3-D animals on photos using your phone. Put the animal into Google then scroll down to 3-D eg lion 3-D, click and follow the steps. Email me the results!
The fun stuff:
- Keep a scrapbook/diary/blog (this will be really interesting to look at in years to come)
- Birdwatching - you can do this from your own house. Put some crumbs or seeds out to encourage our feathered friends to visit.
- Sew, knit, crochet, cook and bake.
- Colour in, do arts and crafts, make models.
- Go for scavenger hunts and make dens (even in the house)
- Sing some songs and make musical instruments out of junk.
- Do jigsaws and play board games.
- Keep active! Don't forget Joe Wicks does a PE lesson every morning at 9am (Youtube The Body Coach)
Take care everyone.