Welcome to Ash Class
Hello Guys, I am so sorry I have not had the chance to meet all of you before September but hopefully this will give you some information.
The first thing to remember is, you may be feeling nervous about coming back to school and starting a new class, it is normal to feel like this but I will have some fun activities waiting for you so we can get to know each other and you can get used to your new classroom.
Mrs. Crowe will also be with us as well and we are both really looking forward to September and seeing you all.
Obviously, this September will be slightly different to usual but please rest assured that ensuring your child feels safe, happy and secure in their new class is our priority. I've tried to answer some of the questions you might have below.
What time do the children start and finish?
- Ash Class will begin at 8.35 am each morning. I'm sorry that we won't be able to welcome parents into the classroom but both myself and Mrs Crowe will be on hand to help your children say goodbye and come in happily.
- Ash Class will finish at 2.50 pm every day. I'll release the children one at a time when I see the person who is collecting. Please help us to spot you by giving us a little wave.
- Please ensure you stick to your drop-off and pick-up times to allow the staggered times to work effectively in keeping our school community safe.
- To minimise the number of people on site, we continue to ask that only one adult accompanies their child to and from school.
Don't worry about bringing any pencil cases, you will each get your own pack with everything you need in it.
Please bring a water bottle with your name on, its thirsty work in Year 1!
Please bring with you named wellies, suncap (if needed) and a change of clothes, including underwear. These will be kept in school.
You don't need PE kits at the moment - we will do some physical activity together until we can start PE lessons again. I will let you know when this changes and when you need your PE kits.
To minimise the number of people on site, we continue to ask that only one adult accompanies their child to and from school.
If your child is having a packed lunch please can food be brought to school in a clear plastic bag (think large sandwich/freezer bag) this is because all waste is disposed of in school.
Will school be organised differently in September?
Lots of things will be the same in September, but you might notice a few things that are different. Here are some of them:
- Your child will be in a whole-class 'bubble' along with myself and Mrs Crowe. Wherever possible, we will aim to keep bubbles separate from each other.
- The classroom may look a little different than usual as desks will all be facing forwards.
- Each child will have their own equipment and books.
- There is a one-way system in place, which we will show your child on the first day.
- At playtime, each bubble will have their own area to play in on the yard or field.
- Classrooms will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- The children will wash their hands whenever they enter or leave the classroom and at regular intervals throughout the day. Hand sanitiser will also be used.
Enjoy your Summer, I hope you have the chance to get out and about and have some family time safely, I cant wait to see you all in September!