Welcome to Plum Class!
We'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very warm welcome to Plum Class.
Reception is a such an exciting year as friendships, imaginations, preferences and personalities blossom and children take great strides in their journeys to becoming confident readers, writers and mathematicians. We consider it a privilege to guide your children through these exciting times and we look forward to getting to know not only your children but also you, their parents, so that we can all work together to make their time in Plum Class a success.
We're really sad that we haven't been able to have our usual transition activities which help us all to feel confident about the new year ahead. However, rest assured that getting our children settled and ensuring that they are happy and confident in their new surroundings is our priority in September.
Here's a summary of the key information that you'll need for our return to school:
- Plum Class will begin at 8.55am each morning and I'll come and collect the children from the Reception entrance. I'm sorry that we won't be able to welcome parents into the classroom but all our team members will be on hand to help your children say goodbye and come in happily.
- To minimise the number of people on site, we continue to ask that only one adult accompanies their child to and from school.
- Plum Class will finish at 3.10pm everyday. I'll bring the children to the Reception entrance and release them one at a time when I see the person who is collecting
- Your child will need to bring the following items into school everyday: A water bottle (with your child's name on), a waterproof coat (we like to get out in all weathers), a sun hat (experience tells us that the sun can be strong in September) and a book bag
- Please provide a pair of named wellies that we can keep in school all of the time as we love to spend time on our school field
- You won't need to bring a PE kit in initially. We'll let you know with plenty of notice when this changes
- Mrs Grimes spends three afternoons out of the classroom on Deputy Head duties and planning our Plum Class learning. Mrs Hammond will lead these afternoon sessions.
I'm sure that's enough to be getting on with for now!
There will be lots more communication in September about our curriculum, how we'll get on with the exciting business of learning to read and write and how you can support your child in their learning.
In the meantime, I hope that everyone has a happy and healthy summer holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me by email if you have any questions or queries that I can help with.
With my very best wishes,