Welcome to the Governor's page. Here you will find information about the people who are serving as Governors in our school. You can also find out about their other roles, the work they do in school and their attendance at meetings. If you have any questions or wish to contact them direct you can do so through their clerk on the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requirements for membership: the Governing Body must have a minimum of 7 members with at least 2 parent govenors, the headteacher, 1 staff governor and 1 local authority governor, the rest of the members can be appointed directly.
- Structure of our Governing Body: the full Governing Body meet usually once per full school term and is led by a Chair Person known as The Chair of Governors. The work is split throughout the year between the Resource Management Committee who scrutinise financial matters and the Strategic Development Committee who work on the Strategic Plan and ensure that the standards of education are being met. There is a also a Steering Group to link management of Tic Toc with the Governing Body.
- Each committee has a Chairperson who meets with the Head Teacher and the Chair of the Governing Body usually twice per half term in the Executive Committee. This Committee set the agenda for upcoming meetings as well as sharing information across all areas of the work of the other committees.
- There are also Focus Groups where Governors work alongside school staff on issues that arise during the year, these Groups will have a short task with an end date to report back to the Governing Body. The remit of these groups is set by recommendation of the Committees and finalised at one of the two annual conferences.
The role of the Governing Body is to:
- ensure that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined
- ensure that the head teacher performs their responsibilities for the educational performance of the school
- ensure the sound, proper and effective use of the school's resources
On the next pages you can find:
- Membership details and terms of office
- Register of interests
- Attendance figures