Welcome to Oak Class
Welcome to Oak Class!
It's Mr Johnson here. I wish I could be saying this to you in person but these are unusual times so I'll just have to be patient and wait until September to get to know you all! As well as me, Oak Class is also the home of Mrs Straughan who many of you will already know. You can find out more about both of us here.
Obviously, this September will be slightly different to usual but please rest assured that ensuring your child feels safe, happy and secure in their new class is our priority. I've tried to answer some of the questions you might have below.
What time do the children start and finish?
- Oak Class will begin at 8.55 am each morning. I'll come and collect the children from the new gate near Oak Class. I'm sorry that we won't be able to welcome parents into the classroom but both myself and Mrs Straughan will be on hand to help your children say goodbye and come in happily.
- Oak Class will finish at 3.10 pm every day. I'll release the children one at a time when I see the person who is collecting. Please help us to spot you by giving us a little wave.
- Please ensure you stick to your drop-off and pick-up times to allow the staggered times to work effectively in keeping our school community safe.
- Only one adult should bring and collect from school and they should be in the same social bubble as the child, not a friend or a child minder as this reduces the effectiveness of our bubbles.
What does my child need to bring with them?
- A named water bottle (I'm afraid cups cannot currently be provided).
- A waterproof coat (we like to get out in all weathers).
- A named pair of wellies (the field can get quite muddy and we use it every day). These can be left in school.
- A sun hat (the sun can still be strong in September).
- A book bag (please don't send in large bags or backpacks as it will need to fit in your child's drawer).
- Please don't send in pencil cases. We'll provide you with everything you need!
- Please don't bring in a PE kit just yet. We'll let you know when you'll need to bring one in.
Will school be organised differently in September?
Lots of things will be the same in September, but you might notice a few things that are different. Here are some of them:
- Your child will be in a whole-class 'bubble' along with myself and Mrs Straughan. Wherever possible, we will aim to keep bubbles separate from each other.
- The classroom may look a little different than usual as desks will all be facing forwards.
- Each child will have their own equipment and books.
- There is a one-way system in place, which we will show your child on the first day.
- At playtime, each bubble will have their own area to play in on the yard or field.
- Classrooms will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- The children will wash their hands whenever they enter or leave the classroom and at regular intervals throughout the day. Hand sanitiser will also be used.
There will be lots more communication in September about our curriculum and how you can support your child with their learning.
In the meantime, I hope that everyone has a very enjoyable summer holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me by email if you have any questions or queries that I can help with.
Mr Andrew Johnson