Learning Week 1 - 23rd - 30th March
Learning for w.c. 23.3.20
Hi and welcome to our first week of home learning. I hope this message finds you all well. The below are some areas of learning I would like the class to do this week.
|Group 1 and 2||Group 3|
Spelling Rule for Group 1 and 2
Changing the medial vowel from ‘i’ to ‘a’ changes present tense to past tense in these words.
For most verbs just add the suffix ‘ing’ to form the present tense. Note the ‘mm’ in swimming.
Willow Class have been looking at the story of Freya and the Goblins. If you google search BBC Viking Sagas, Part 1 and 2 of this saga can be found. They are very child friendly, easy to follow and quite funny too! As part of our English for the rest of this term, the focus is 'letter writing'. I would like the children to have a go at pretending to be a character from Freya and the Goblins and writing to another character. Here are some scenarios you could use:
- Freya writing to her husband Odur persuading him to return home.
- King Odin writing to Freya to say of how disappointed he is in her behaviour.
- Freya writing to King Odur persuading him to take the necklace.
- Loki writing to Heimdall explaining what he was trying to do in helping Freya and why.
These are just suggestions. The children may have their own ideas. The children may want to type this up and email it to me. It would be great to see their work!
* Complete a Big Maths Sheet
* Complete a Times Tables Rockstars Challenge Sheet
* Go on the Garage Band Sessions on Times Tables Rockstars
* Complete the addition and subtraction game on Frog Play
Feel free to go on Numbots too. Hit the Button which can be found on the Topmarks website is another good game to play on. If you need me for any reason please email on my school360 email which is still under my previous surname:
**I have also updated the recommended sites list so please check that out for something new!
Mrs M Smith